II. To Create White List or Black List
III. Procedures for POP3 Email Client Settings – for Microsoft Outlook Express
A. To Enable “Subject Tag” Function at Web Mail Client
B. To Create Message Rule Settings at Microsoft Outlook Express Client
1. Login Web Mail
2. Go to “Mail” then choose “Folders” from menu bar. Select and click the Spam folder under the “Folders” list.
II. To Create Your White List or Black List
1. Login Web Mail
2. Go to “Option”, choose “Mail” and then click on “Anti-Spam”
To create “White List”:
In the “Anti-Spam Black or White List” window, under the “White List” section, input an email address (e.g. email@example.com) or an entire domain (e.g. *@whitelist.com) of the sender that you always want to receive in the text box. Click “Add” and then click “Submit”.
To create “Black List”:
In the “Anti-Spam White or Black List” window, under the “Black List” section, input an email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or an entire domain (e.g. *@spammer.com) of the sender that you want to keep messages away from reaching your inbox in the text box. Click “Add” and then click “Submit”.
III. Procedures for POP3 Email Client Settings – Microsoft Outlook Express
1. Open Outlook Express, click on “Tools”, select “Message Rules” and then “Mail”
2. In the “Message Rules” window, click “New” to set up a new rule
3. A “New Mail Rule” window will appear.
Under “Select the Conditions for your rule”, tick your conditions for your rule
Under “Select the Actions for your rule”, tick "Move it to the Specified folder"
Under “Rule Description”, click on "contains specific words" in sentence “
4. In the “Type Specific Words” window, enter [SPAM] in the text box. Click “Add”, and then click “OK”.
5. In the “Rule Description” box, click on “specified” link in the sentence “Move it to the specified folder"
Then "Move the item(s) to the selected folder” window will appear. Click the “Deleted Items”, or any folder that you want the filtered spam mail to be moved to. Or if you want to create a new folder, click on “New Folder”, name the folder as “Spam” and then click “OK”.
6. You will return to the “New Mail Rule” window. The “Rule Description” box will appear as:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the Subject line contains '[SPAM]'
Move it to the Spam folder
7. Finally, click [OK], and click [OK] again to close the "Message Rules" dialog box. All spam mail will be filtered and delivered to the “Deleted Items” folder (or your designated location e.g. Spam folder) which enables you to manage your email more efficiently and effectively.